Last Updated on
Check out this list of festive fall activities to get you in the mood to making the most of the autumn season.
Fall is the ultimate season for gathering with friends and family. Make the most of the season without going broke with these great frugal festive fall activity ideas.
There are 91 days in fall, so I made a list of 91 festive fall activities to celebrate the season. Make the most of fall, why not try to do it all!
91 Festive Fall Activities
1.Visit a local park
2.Check out the beach
3. Visit a pumpkin patch
4. Escape a Corn Maze
5. Walk or hike through the woods and enjoy the foliage
6. Go hunting, or drive though the back country to look for wildlife
7. Go fishing in a lake or pond
8. Watch salmon swim and jump up river
9. Take pictures in the leaves
10. Harvest and preserve apples
11. Host a Friendsgiving Potluck and Bonfire
12. Eat a local harvest meal where everything thing on your plate is from within 100 miles, your community or even just your own backyard!
14. Visit the farmers market
15. Apple printing with paint
16. Leaf rubbings
17. Make some Crock Pot Apple Butter– your house will smell delicious!
18. Decorate for the season
19. Roast pumpkin seeds
20. Start making homemade Christmas presents
21. Write thankful cards and send to friends and family.
22. Make hostess gifts for the holiday season
23. Do some Christmas baking with these super easy cookie recipes
24. Read farm books together, check out new books at the library
25. Rearrange rooms
26. Build forts and play cards
27. Make apple chips or fruit leather in the dehydrator
28. Make this super easy fall sponge painting art to frame, even a toddler could do it!
29. Attend a community halloween event
30. Go to a fall festival
31. Make homemade halloween costumes and Trick or Treat!
32. Have a picnic
33. Collect acorns and chestnuts
34. Complete fall homestead chores
35. Bake an Apple Pie and eat it!
36. Sit by a bonfire wrapped in a warm flannel blanket
37. Drink a pumpkin spice latte
38. Wear boots – gumboots, leather boots, riding boots, winter boots etc.
More Fun Fall Festive Activities
40. Drink Apple Cider
41. Roast marshmallows
42. Carve a pumpkin
43. Go horseback riding
44. Light fall scented candles
42. Sit by the wood stove
43. Watch a classic fall movie
44. Go on a scavenger hunt
45. Watch a soccer or football game
46. Go for a bike ride
47. Go camping
49. Plant Garlic
50. Collect large pinecones for Christmas Decorations
60. Decorate your front porch for Fall
61. Make cinnamon scented play dough
63. Make tasty stew
64. Have a family game night
65. Eat Candy Corn
66. Feed Pumpkins to Chickens & Apples to Lambs
68. Bake something with love to give away and use these cute labels.
69. Take a train ride
Even More Fun Fall Festive Activities
71. Lay in the leaves and watch the clouds
72. Make Carmel Apples
73. Make a Scarecrow
74. Pick THE pumpkin
75. Plant Daffodils for spring flowers
76. Wear plaid
78. Give Thanks
79. Put summer clothes away and take out winter clothes- make donations
80. Visit the museum
81. Watch a scary movie
82. Make pinecone bird feeders
83. Jump in muddy puddles
84. Host a meal swap
85. Make Pumpkin Puree
86. Make a fall pork shoulder roast
87. Paint your finger nails a festive fall palette
88. Start ( or finish !) Christmas Shopping…. if you like to shop early 😉
89. Take fall family photos
90. Make Oatmeal Cookies
91. Complete a Puzzle of a festive fall scene.
I love fall most of all! There are at least 91 fun frugal festive fall activities to make the most of the season. What are you looking forward to doing this fall ? Go ahead and comment below!