Last Updated on
Get ready for THE BEST festive Apple Cranberry Pie recipe perfect for fall, thanksgiving and Christmas with fresh cranberries and apples, and a special cider spiced buttery cream filling.
My grandmother has a source for the best free cranberries I’ve ever had. With bags full in my freezer, it was time to get creative. Soon, using my favourite pie recipe ingredients came this amazing apple cranberry pie recipe.
My family will be over the moon this holiday season with a new pie recipe like never before, and so will yours! Because today I’m sharing with you my new favourite festive holiday pie recipe perfect for the holiday season.
What makes this pie special is the cider spiced apple butter and the creamy sweetness of condensed milk for a pie like no other. Let me show you how it’s done!
BEST APPLE CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE
To make the best Apple Cranberry Pie, several things come into play to create a tasty filling and also a flaky crust that’s anything but mushy!
Start by choosing the right apples.
Choose tart apples such as Granny Smith, Gala and Golden Delicious. Use firm apples and avoid overripe fruit. The lower pH value of tart apples reduces the amount of pectin that breaks down, so the apples hold their shape and get less mushy.
Pre cooking apple pie filling (like the recipe you’ll find below) prevents apples from turning mushy when baked. What you get is a sweet apple pie with bits of tart and slightly crisp apples with no more mushy bits.
Also, baking the pie one rung down from the centre of the oven also helps prevent a mushy bottom.
It’s a good idea to let the pie cool for at least two hours before serving and even better when it’s made the day before.
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients
Canning Apple Butter in the Crockpot is a breeze with this super delicious recipe! Go pick some fresh organic apples and get ready to get canned! -(Apple Butter that is! )
Butter makes baking better. This is the best butter pie crust recipe that you’ve been looking for! Say hello to flaky, dense crust that melts in your mouth and enhances the flavour of any filling you place within it.
APPLE PIE FILLING
Canned Apple Pie Filling is a great homemade staple to have in your pantry for quick and easy homemade deserts all year long! This canned apple pie filling recipe is quick and easy, and perfect for preserving your summer apple harvest!
CRANBERRIES & CONDENSED MILK
Whole fresh or frozen cranberries make this pie pop with flavour! Along with the tart cranberries, the condensed milk offers a sweet and creamy richness that enhances both the apples and the cranberries for a festive cider spiced pie like no other!
APPLE CRANBERRY PIE RECIPE
Apple Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 1 Frozen or Prepared Bottom Pie Crust See our Butter Pie Crust Recipe for best results
- 1/2 Cup Apple Butter See our Crockpot Apple Butter for best results
- 1 500ml Jar Apple Pie Filling See our Canned Apple Pie Filling Recipe
- 1 Jar Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Whole Frozen or Fresh Cranberries
- Prepare the bottom pie crust according to recipe instructions.
- Spread the bottom of the pie crust with apple butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the jar of condensed milk, cranberries and apple pie filling together
- Pour filling on top of apple butter
- Fold pie crust over to create crust. Finish by folding, pinching or using a fork to leave impressions as seen in photos
- Bake in a 350 oven for 45 minutes, or until center sets and edges start to brown